Saturday, June 17, 2006

Getting Really, Really Close

By Mary
Custom Smiley I used to really like pizza. But quite frankly it has been years and I mean YEARS since I have bought a pizza that I felt was actually worth the money. My favorite pizza of all time was made by Pizza Villa in La Crosse circa 1975!!

Ever since we got our second bread-machine (we wore out the first one), I have been thinking about using it to make pizza dough and my own pizza. So this spring, I mentioned this to Rex and he said he thought it was a good idea. Rex is an alfredo sauce kinda guy and I like red sauces so this is always a compromise. On the first one I made I think I bought both sauces and put half and half. It was good but still not right. Then Rex found a sun dried tomato alfredo sauce at the store and thought that would work. Also good but still not right.


That brings us to today and I feel that I have nailed the sauce, it was soooooooo good. God I love my herb garden (refer to June 13 blog) and they were absolutely critical to my sauce. I mixed it up in my magic bullet and it was wonderful!! It consisted of tomato sauce, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, garlic, parmigiano reggiano cheese,fresh oregano, fresh sweet basil, and a small amount of fresh sage. WOW!! It was perfect--a sauce with body and not runny. I am really thrilled with this pizza!!!







0 comments: