Sunday, August 12, 2012

I Got Mine---Will You Get Yours?

I have been thinking about this for a long, long time.  So I finally did it.

Since I had  chicken pox when I was a kid (like we all did), I decided to have a shingles shot.  I hear that having the shingles is extremely painful and I sure wanted to avoid that.  So why did I even hesitate?  The price of course.  The shot cost me $170.00 plus tax at Safeway Pharmacy.  I priced it at Walgreens and there the cost was 230.00.  At least at Safeway the price went toward my fuel credit and they gave me a 10% coupon off my groceries. 

What a deal!!

How about you, are you thinking about a shot to avoid shingles??  I recommend it.

 

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! I had no idea that shingles shots were so expensive. I think I will get one next year when I turn 60.

My husband currently has shingles on the top of his semi-bald head which the doctor says is an unusual place for it. If he'd have gone to the doctor within the first three days, they could have given him medication for it but he didn't so he has to let it run its course.

Have a great day!
D~~~~

Mikey said...

Dont think i ever had chicken pox !! so will save the shot money for shots at the top of the hour on fremont street