Friday, June 12, 2015

It’s Official!!!

OK, so I decided at the end of March, that I should sign up for Medicare, and so what the hell, I might as well sign up for Social Security too.  And WE ARE OFF!!

I am now 65 years old and eligible for Medicare!!!  Great for me for a couple of reasons:

1..I have had no health insurance since 2000.

2..Now I will not have to put up with the penalties for not participating in Obama’ Health Care whatever.

3.  I am very lucky because I only had one year of Obama Care to worry about before turning 65 and entering the kingdom of “Medicare”.

I had my “Welcome to Medicare” physical on May 20.  I can honestly say that I have not had an appointment with a medical doctor in 15 years except in 2004, when I underwent extensive tests to determine my eligibility as a kidney donor.

I met with the doctor, he looked through the extensive questionnaire ,and ordered the following tests: mammogram, bone density, and colonospky….I can hardly wait!!!

( I know colonospky is misspelled..but spell checker didn’t give me any choices and I am in a house without a dictionary!!)

The real exciting news is that I got my first Social Security check on Wednesday!!!  So I guess it’s official---I am now a Senior Citizen!!

Does this mean that I’m also a “a little old lady”??

0 comments: