Sunday, October 3, 2021

Happy 100th Birthday!!

Today would have been my Dad's 100th birthday.  Unfortunately, he is not here to celebrate, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about him.





I gave him this belt bucket one year for his birthday, or maybe it was for Christmas, anyway the silver dollar was minted in 1921, the year of his birth.  My parents were square dancers so he wore it a lot when they went square dancing.

My Dad was a hard man. As a child, I saw him:

Shear sheep.

Shoe horses.

Butcher cows.

Butcher pigs.

Deliver supplies to a snow-bound family on horseback during the blizzard of 1959.

Do maintenance on all types of farm equipment.

Plant fields of corn, oats, and alfalfa.

Harvest fields of corn, oats, and alfalfa. 

Not to mention milk cows every 12 hours for decades.

He also had a reputation as a "man of his word".


Why did he have all those skills?  Because he was a dairy farmer during the middle of the twentieth century in Grant County, Wisconsin.







Happy Birthday, Dad!!

So proud to be your daughter!




0 comments: