Tuesday, August 29, 2006

BUSY DAYS

WRITTEN BY REX
Custom Smiley IT'S BEEN A FLURRY OF ACTIVITY THESE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS OFF.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THESE HUGH OLD PINE TREES. LAST YEAR WE WERE SWAMPED WITH YELLOW POLLEN DUST FROM THE TREES THAT GOT INTO EVERYTHING. THIS YEAR IT'S, LIKE RAINING PINE SAP ALL OVER EVERYTHING. IT TRACKS IN AND RUG WASHING IS SOMETHING WE'VE BEEN DOING EVERY OTHER WEEK IT SEEMS. IT WASHES OFF THE VEHICLES WITH SOAP AND WATER, BUT DURING OUR LAST SIX DAYS OF WORK, IT'S JUST GOING TO COLLECT ON THE VEHICLES AGAIN.OH WELL..........

ANOTHER THING I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS HOW AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, PACKER FOOTBALL PLAYERS STILL CAN'T HANDLE THE SPEED AT WHICH BRETT FARVE THROWS A FOOTBALL. ISN'T HE GETTING OLDER AND SLOWER LIKE THE REST OF US? ANYWAY THEY LOOKED TERRIBLE ON TV LAST NIGHT. I'M NOT TOO WORRIED ABOUT OFFENSE, BRETT WILL WORK HIS MAGIC, BUT THE DEFENSE HAS TO IMPROVE. AND THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON WILL BE AGAINST THE DA' BEARS, AND I'LL BE IN FRANKVILLE WITH MY FAVORITE X-COUSIN-IN-LAW, TERESA?

I PREDICT THE WEATHER THAT SUNDAY AFTERNOON WILL BE "DRUNK" OUT !!!

AND HERE'S MARY............

This is the last day off before hitting the road and it has been BUSY! We were both up by 6:30 and working on the to do list. The laundry here doesn't open until 8:00 AM so I had time to vacuum, clean the mirrors, and pack away stuff that usually sets out. In anticipation of my trip to the Farmer's Market I prepped the stuff I had on hand for salsa. Then it was laundry time and the last time I have to wash my black pants...I am throwing them in the dumpster when I get off work next Monday!!

When I got done with laundry it was off to the Farmer's Market and to get a hair cut.

Oh I almost forgot, another item on my "to do" list was to reapply the rear view mirror in Rex's truck. It fell off last week. I have successfully reattached rear view mirrors in the past so I knew I could do it. I did get the bracket up but it has to set for at least 18 hours before putting the mirror on it. I'll let you know tomorrow if it sticks!

It has been a busy but productive day so I know we will be ready!!

The countdown.....7 days to lift off!!





0 comments: