Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hancock Building / Chicago


.....I hope your editor Rex can make these pictures look good.  He is a whiz with a blogging program that is like "photoshop"  Sometimes he even makes me look good in a picture (like the recent "camo shorts", for example).  This is from 95 floors up in the Hancock building........



fall 09 079



....What the Hell is this thing we found on the tables?.........



fall 09 082



.......it's the weird shadow thrown on a menu on our table.  The cut glass design on the candle holder makes "fingers" on the menu............


fall 09 081



....I was trying to show you the ridiculous prices on the 95th floor.  Our drinks cost $11.00!!  In Spooner you can get sloppy drunk on $11.00 and still have money for the cab ride home (joking, we have no cab in Spooner!  We just drive home drunk like everyone else).
"We are not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy".........


fall 09 080



.....The women's bathroom has a large window and you can sit on the toilet and enjoy the view.  Renee was so inspired she wanted me to see it.  She asked the group of women in there if it would be OK to have me come in for a look.  They squealed their approval, laughing and giggling.  She ran out and grabbed me, jerking me into the women's can.  It was fun for a moment, but the bouncer saw me disappear in the can and came right in after me.  "excuse me, SIR!............excuse me, SIR!".  The women were laughing and shrieking.  I, needless to say, missed the photo of the year..............
         (but this is a picture of the terrific new style hand-dryer form the men's can..............I know, big whoop!)



fall 09 094


.....OK. This is the same view as the women's can.  It's just out another window......


fall 09 042



.....this is another picture against the glass.  It is not a trick "superimposed" double exposure, rather a reflected image with the background out the window.  I'll leave you with that, but there is one or two more blogs of the Chicago trip........


fall 09 052

Uncle Hans

0 comments: