Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mish Mash


Did you notice all of the “Hoy, Hoy, Hoys”  on the blog this week?  I have 5 grand daughters.  Three of them have “M” as their first initial AND also have their birthdays this week.  Is that poor planning or what?  Oh hell it might be OK…at least if the birthdays come in clusters, I can’t forget them.  I have been reading book on PMA-positive mental attitude and have started looking at the silver lining instead of the cloud.  It’s  a nice change of pace.

I went to Wal-Mart the other day and happened to have the camera in the car so I decided to take pictures of and write about one my pet peeves.



12-17-09 001


I absolutely have a fit about people not putting their carts in the cart corrals.  This is just pure laziness… you see the cart corral??  It looks to be about 20 steps away.  Forget about laziness, what about common courtesy?


12-17-09 002 


This one appears even closer than 20 steps.  A few years ago one of these runaway carts slammed into my car and cost me $600 to get it fixed…at the time my car had 7,000 miles on it.

Good thing that was a while ago….finding a silver lining in that situation would have been impossible!!


12-17-09 003


Tis the season….The Salvation Army bell ringers with their red buckets are out.  I did find this picture really interesting—no bell ringer but a purse hanging on the post. 

If you closely at the waste container, the bell ringer is sitting behind it.  My next question is:  Is it her purse?  Or did someone donate it?


I am trying to follow my tradition of putting $1 in the buckets every time I see one.  As I said—Tis the season!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes yes! That is one of my pet peeves too. I bet they are also exercise deficient. Ah. That's it. Exercise promotes brain maintenance and it takes a bit of thinking to move that cart into the cart corral. No exercise = anencephaly.

Anonymous said...

Last time i went to Walmart..An elderly women pushed the cart across the lane trying to land the cart in the gates but it was on a hill and the cart took off picking up speed and slamed into a new 4x4 pickup!! Leaving a huge dent and scratches...She looked at me a said "the cart got away"! I'm still shocked!

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I am glad to hear that someone besides me finds that annoying and irresponsible.

I am afraid that as a culture our social conscience is disappearing fast.

Mike McFall said...

Gee, you took the words right out of my mouth!!! That upsets me almost as bad as those that "HAVE" handicap stickers and park in the designated area's and go happily dancing into the store. Obvisouly its a mental handicap! Drs hand out those stickers like candy...People are just PLUMB lazy!
Nice Blog!! and thanks for following mine!!
Merry Christmas!