Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spooner Haircut


A few weeks ago, Renee happened to stop by the barbershop when I was getting a haircut from my friend Glenn. She needed some information for some banking or something. She lingered a while and we gossiped . Later she remarked how lucky I was to be able to get a haircut in a few minutes for $10 and get all the gossip too boot. when I told her I was going again today, she perked up and asked me, "can I come too?, I only need to have my ends "straightened" out?" I asked Glen and he seemed a little skeptical, but caved in...............

 

 
 
....when I was done she hopped up into the chair with a giggle.......
 



.....Glenn set to work on "straightening" her out (even though I knew that would never happen!)............




...I swear, it took him longer fussing over clipping off a half inch of her hair than my whole haircut........

....Still. He did a nice job.............





 
 
..........She was pretty pleased at getting to sit in the barbers chair, the domain of men, and spending $7 on anything. You know it is winter in Spooner when something as mundane as a half inch of Blondie hair on the floor warrants a whole blog..............




Uncle Hans

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting story you got here. I'd like to read something more concerning that topic. Thank you for posting this info.