Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Turn

Rex left me a note today saying....don't forget to blog, so here I am blogging. Since we have the blog from Angelfire to blogger, Rex has been doing most of the blogging. I guess he decided to take today off.

I had today off but Rex has to work. This is how I spent my day. I left at noon to go to the library and the mall in Laughlin. I had a few things I wanted to pick up at the kitchen store and a couple of things Rex needed. At least things I thought he needed, he never thinks he needs anything. From there I went to Wal-Mart to pick up stuff to make cookies. I copied some cookie recipes off the Weight Watchers web site and wanted to give them a try.

From Wal-Mart I went to a local restraurant called Yo-Yo's Tacos. One of the shift managers was having a surprise birthday party for his wife. My plan was to wish her Happy Birthday, have one drink, and go home to make cookies. You know what they say about plans......didn't quite work out that way. Actually it was kind of fun to socialize with some of the people we work with. You see everyone in a new light when they aren't at work. It was fun.

I finally got home and went to work on my cookies. To make a long story short, I made two kinds of cookies neither of which was fit to eat. I have never made such terrible cookies. Yuck.

So I decided to put a loaf of onion bread in the bread machine, hopefully that will be edible. Right now I am waiting for that to be done and for Rex to get home.

Tomorrow we both have off so don't know what we will be up to other than laundry. Whatever it is will probably show up on tomorrow's blog!!

2 comments:

saucersrus said...

I guess that's what you get for trusting weight watchers for COOKIE recipes. Maybe they have good food recipes, but if you are watching your weight dessert isn't gonna taste good!!

Anonymous said...

finally catching up on the blog, last night i wasnt sure i liked it, but today i'm figuring it out and even checked into making my own. Maybe next week when I'm off school. About the cookies, Amy is right why would a cookie with no sugar taste good.
Anyway I will try and catch ya over the Holidays, Happy 2007