Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tuesday in Tahoe!!

By Mary
Custom Smiley Today is Tuesday....which means it is a day off. My day started at 7:15 AM when I left to go to Stateline Lab. I had what is called a "wellness panel". In other words, I will have my cholesterol numbers mailed to me in two weeks. There was an ad in the paper last week advertising this lab service for $40. Sounded like a good deal to me since I haven't had it done for over 3 years. There will be some other stuff checked but I don't remember what they are....my main interest is the cholesterol number.

Then I was off the the wonderful Lake Tahoe Farmer's Market...it it truly a great market. In addition to fresh vegetables and fruits, they have herbs, fresh flowers, more kinds of cheese then I knew existed, breads, soaps, pottery, fresh tortillas, tarts, jams, and olives oils. Last year someone was selling wine from Boeger Winery in Placerville but they weren't there today. There are also vendors making and selling kettle korn, tamales, and crepes. It is truly a wonderful experience and one I look forward to every year.



Since today is the first Farmer's Market I went to this year, I had to buy green beans so Rex could make his famous and delicious green bean soup. Above the bean and Stockton onions are ready for the fire.


Here they are cooking....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

.
The beans are done and rinsed so it is time to add the baby bella mushrooms, butter, cheddarwurch, and milk.



The finished product......

....there are NO left overs!!


(THAT "SOUP PAN" HAS BEEN IN MY CAMPING GEAR FOR YEARS, IT'S MY MOTHER'S OLD PRESSURE COOKER FROM THE '50'S.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom had one exactly like it. Must have been a "fad".....


Hans

Anonymous said...

How come we always get pictures of good looking food and no recipes? Still waiting for the Teriyaki chicken legs.