Saturday, August 4, 2007

Mark Twain

Mark Twain spent a lot of time at Lake Tahoe. At the visitor's center they have the following quote painted on the wall. "To breath the air the angels breath-go to Tahoe". I think he liked it here!

One day when we were at Taylor Creek I bought a book of Mark Twain's quotes. One of the reason's I bought it was to use it for blog ideas . Good thing the book is divided into categories. In saying that and based on the theme of Rex's blogs lately I thought this one is appropriate for today.

"The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd druther not." Rex has been feeling that way lately I think.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary,


That's the Buddy Ryan diet. He was a famous pro football coach. After quadruple coronary artery bypass, he explained his new diet at his return-to-work news conference: "take a bite. If it tastes good, spit it out"

Hans

Anonymous said...

I'm writting my final paper on Mark Twain. I moved all the way to New York from Lake Tahoe. I miss the air more then anything. Thanks for the quote, it will be the high-light of my paper. Say hi to the lake for me. Rebecca

Anonymous said...

finally, I could find your post again. You have few [url=http://tipswift.com]useful tips[/url] for my school project. This time, I won't forget to bookmark it. :)