Thursday, August 30, 2007

TRUE Democrat - Reaching out to those less fortunate...

As I walked down the busy footpath, knowing I was late for an
important meeting, my eye fell upon one of those unfortunate, homeless vagabonds who are found in every city these days.

Wearing what can only be describes as rags, carrying every worldly possession in two plastic bags, my heart was touched by this persons condition.

Some people turned to stare. Others quickly looked away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them.

Recalling some long ago Sunday School admonition to "care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the naked," I was moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.

Yes, where some people saw only rags, I saw a hidden beauty. A small voice inside my head called out, "Reach out, reach out!"
So I did..........






0 comments: