Thursday, September 6, 2007

Reflections On The Lake '07


Today is our last full day living at the Lake for the '07 season. In the morning we will be moving to Silver City RV Park outside of Carson City. I always like to think about the 3 months we stay here and reflect about our summer.

This summer I became much better aquainted with the actual city of South Lake Tahoe, due to my "urban hikes". I am glad I did that because I got to see things that I haven't seen the last 3 years we have been here.

One thing I will really miss is our morning walk, not because we won't continue to walk but the setting we are priviledged to walk in every morning won't be as beautiful or as peaceful. We have truly been blessed living so close to this great walk. At Silver City we will be walking on a concrete parking lot. The upside is we will have access to a pool and hot tub.....tradeoffs aren't they great!!! I did notice today on our walk that fall is definately "in the air". Amazing how you feel the change of seasons!

On the sad side we saw up close and personal the effects of a forest fire. What a scary experience that is.....and how devestating. We were so lucky to be able to get out of harms way.

I was also very lucky have the opportunity to show this beautiful place to my grand daughter, Delilah, and my son Chad. Thank you both for coming to visit us!!

In the late 1800s and early 1900s, Lake Tahoe was the place that wealthy families from San Francisco came to "summer". I know why....summer weather at Lake Tahoe is perfect. I'll list my reasons for making the "perfect summer weather" comment.

1. It usually only rains once or twice during the 3 months we are here.

2. Sunshine every day.

3. No humidity.

4. And this is my absolute favorite reason....NO BUGS..no flies -- no mosquitoes.

Well I will miss being here-at least until I hear about the first snow storm!!

0 comments: